Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hilton Head Island: Fashion and Feasting




As many of you may know, HHI is a mecca for fashionistas and foodies alike and I happen to fall into both catagories. So, when I realized the proximity of the resort I stayed in to the wonderful shopping and dining in Shelter Cove Harbour I was very excited. While there I sampled creamy gelato from the Little Venice Cafe. The combination of chocolate and heath bar flavors was smooth and rich and I longed to try the other flavors as well as the sorbet.

A short bike ride down the street is Hidden Cove Treats & Treasures where I bought 1/4 pound of Cookie Dough fudge and a vanilla blended latte. The fudge was the best I'd ever had, with generous chunks of cooke dough troughout. In addition to a wide variety of fudge flavors, Hidden Cove also carries many other chocolatey treats and pasteries, coffee, smoothies and ceramic gifts.

I also had the chance to shop in two boutiques: Posh and Taffeta. Posh carried a great selection of cute and flirty tops, bottoms, and dresses from such brands as MM Couture and Hale Bob as well as cute shoes bags and some great jewelery. Taffeta, although geared toward and older crowd, was filled with fun, colorful fashions from Europe. And those of you looking for designer bargins should go no further than the Mall at Shelter Cove, which houses the Off 5th Saks Fith Avenue Outlet.

HHI has shops and restaurants to fit any taste and budget!

No comments: