Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dance Dance




Prom was on Friday night.  I could not have asked for more perfect weather.  Furthermore, I had the good fortune to wear this BCBG Max Azria silk and satin gown, in my absolute favorite color with some sparkly earrings from Skirt and my the best pair of croco-embossed evening slides by Calvin Klein.  I must say, finding this dress was noting short of a miracle.  I walked into the BCBG boutique and walked out a short time later with a gown that fit well, was in my favorite color, and was on sale.  This was the only gown I tried on this year and I only went prom dress shopping that one time.




What I love about this gown and my gown from last year are the subtle design details.  I like to focus on the construction of the gown, when I choose what to wear.  The pleating on this gown is beautiful and the silk stripe down the front has a lengthening effect.  Another thing I loved about it was that it came with straps, which I attached before hitting the dance floor.  I was so nice to dance and not worry about my dress falling down.  I finished off the look with a slightly messy up-do and wore Maybelline Stiletto  liquid eyeliner with subtle pink Lancome shadow and Honey nude lipstick by Kohl's brand Flirt.  
   

No comments: