Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Been a Long Time Comin'

1. Smak Parlour  2. Campo's Deli  3. & 4. Campo's Cheesesteak w/provolone & fried onions
5. Independence Hall

Another snowy day in the Northeast.  It's a good thing I went into Philly yesterday when it was a "warm and balmy" 40 degrees and partly cloudy.  My goal: eat a distinctly Philadelphian meal and purchase some clothes from a unique Philly establishment.  Today my goal is to pack for New York, which is why I am writing this now (goals cannot be accomplished without a good amount of procrastination.  Case-in-point: changing the fonts on the blog before finishing this post).  I made my way to Smak Parlour, a Old City, Market St. boutique I've been wanting to visit since I  read about it Teen Vogue eons ago.  When I arrived, I was greeted by one of the friendly owners and found a nicely edited selection of pieces from the in-house label as well as brands I had never heard of before.  The pink walls and vintage decor gave the shop a fun vibe.  I picked up a great tank-top by Ya Los Angeles with delicate, asymmetrical lace detailing at the hem.  Of course all that shopping made me hungry so I crossed the street to Campo's and ordered a hearty and delectable cheesesteak.  If you have never had the chance to have the real Philly Cheesesteak experience you can order one from their website have have it shipped to you, even if you live in Alaska!  In case you are a Philadelphian and you're wondering, when I'm in South Philly  my allegiance lies with Gino's.  I've never tried Pat's and I don't know if I ever will.  That's all for today.  Time to get back to packing.  

No comments: