Monday, December 28, 2009

The Delicious Debate

I forgot to mention that I went to the Magnolia Bakery while in NYC the other day. I have tried their vanilla cupcakes and their lattes (or maybe it was a mocha) at the Greenwich Village location and they were very good, though the shop was crowed and I had to wait in a very long line. The day after Christmas I bought a decedent Red Velvet cupcake with whipped vanilla icing topped with an adorable dark chocolate Rockette disc.


Photo From: New York Blips

I know many people hate this bakery because they find it too small, too expensive, and filled with tourists who push and shove you just to grab what ever cupcakes they can get their hands on, but I thought this cupcake was definitely worth it. This is probably because I was not pushed around and waited in line for only about 2 minutes before paying. On top of that, the bakery was giving all the customers a free raisin bran muffin, which was also delicious. The Rockefeller Center location was far less crowed when I went than the downtown one, probably because of the latter's appearance on Sex and the City. If your ever near one of the Magnolia's 3 locations, I encourage you to go in and judge for yourself wether or not it is worth the hype.


Saks Fifth Avenue adorned with Snowflake Lights

I love Christmas in NYC, especially when I visit Saks to look at the windows and do some shopping.

No comments: