Friday, January 29, 2010

Anatomy of an Outfit






It's the little things that make an outfit great. Those small details, that when brought together, create something larger than the sum of its parts.



Cardigan: Shae, Ruffle Tank: J. Crew, Striped Tank: American Eagle Outfitters, Jeans: Paige Premium Denim, Shoes: Enzo Angiolini, Earrings: Got them at the Christmas Fashion Show a few years ago.

I was feeling casual and somewhat matchy on Wednesday, but had no idea what to wear, so I stole one of my mom's cardigans and composed this green and grey outfit around it. I think all the subtle details in each item, such as the velvet stripe, mother of pearl buttons, and grosgain ribbon on the sweater and on the shoes, and the sweater's exposed seams, make this look special. I also liked how the green stripes on me AEO tank top showed through the sublte burnout-style fabric of the J.Crew top. About the cardigan, it is so soft and comfy and I love its swing style and the bell sleaves. I had never heard of the brand before but when I looked it up I found many more styles that I really love. Here are a cople of my favorite Shae sweaters:




If you want to check out these and many other styles go to: Revolveclothing.com

And sorry for those rushed posts during the week. I'll go more indepth about the HC collections soon!

No comments: