Saturday, January 23, 2010

Momma Knows Best

So yesterday I was reading a book after waking up at 11:00 am, when my mom suggested that I have a "spa day" so we jumped in the car and headed to Toppers where I got a message and a mud bath. Just kidding.

No, I didn't go to a real spa but I changed into my favorite pair of Victoria's Secret Pink Legging/Sweatpants and plugging in my mom's EpiSauna.



Once the water started bubbling and and steam started to rise, I submerged my face in the steam for 10 mins.

Then my mom mixed up an oatmeal, honey, and lime facial mask for me. Oatmeal has many great benefits for the skin. According to CareFair.com oatmeal is easily absorbed, and "it has the best amino acid balance out of all cereal grains," making it a great moisturizer. Also, the honey in this particular mask is ideal for moisturizing dry skin. After lying down with it on for 20 minutes, I washed it off and applied moisturizer. My skin was soft, and silky.



After that I was feeling hungry, so I made a sandwich. Not gonna lie, making sandwiches is one of my favorite things to do. I don't cook, but I love to find the best ingredients and make super sandwiches. So I toasted an English Muffin (made with whole grains), placed red and green pepper strips on the bottom half, and melted cheddar cheese over them in the toaster oven. Then I placed grilled chicken strips over the cheesy peppers and spread Goldman's Spicy Mustard over the chicken, placed a thick slice of tomato over it, ground some black pepper over the tomato and topped that with the other half of the muffin. So good.



After I ate I felt it was time to treat my hands to some spa time, so moisturized them with Chanel N 5 lotion and painted my nails with O.P.I.'s Lincoln Park at Midnight polish, my favorite nail color. Unfortunately, my nails were ruined when, after I thought the had been dry for 2 hours, I pulled my cell charger out of the outlet, scraping of some polish. But this was only a minor blemish on the clear beautiful complexion of my day off.


Photo: Bloomingdales.com


Photo: Amazon.com

No comments: