Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hidden in Plain Sight




Today I am highlighting a certain building across the street from the Met. The facades of the 5th Ave. buildings are so beautiful and unique and I love how they pop up between more modern looking buildings. The architectural detailing is so ornate and adds to the charm of the Central Park area. Sitting on the steps of the Met, Gossip Girl style, and just looking out onto 5th and taking in all the sights and sounds of one of the most stunning areas of the city is something I revel in. In the midst of all this hustle and bustle, I felt calm and at ease, peaceful, tranquil. I didn't want to leave.

*Alexander McQueen's final collection was shown today. It was one of the most beautiful collections I have ever seen. The fabric and prints of 16 looks call to mind the days of well dressed, opulent royalty, but the gilded cuts are totally modern. It was a fitting tribute to McQueen. The collection can be seen here.

No comments: